The gallbladder is a pear-shaped organ found in the upper right region of the abdomen under the liver. Its function is to store and dispense bile, a digestive fluid produced by the liver to digest fat.
What are gallstones?
Sometimes gallstones (hard stone like deposits) form in the gall bladder or the bile duct. You might not even know that you have them until they cause blockage in the gallbladder and hinders in its smooth functioning. They may cause acute pain and discomfort. In such a case one must consult a specialist for gall bladder stone treatment.
Types of gallstones
There are basically 2 types of gall bladder stones:
- Cholesterol gallstones – are the most common and are formed when there is an excess of cholesterol.
- Pigment gallstone – are usually small and darker in colour and are formed when there is an excess of bilirubin.
Symptoms of gall bladder stone
The symptoms of gall bladder stones include:
- Acute and persistent pain in the abdomen and upper back
- Nausea and vomiting
- Fever, pain, sweating and shaking chills
- Digestive issues like indigestion, gas and bloating
- Changes in urine and bowel movement
When to see a doctor?
Anyone with the above-mentioned symptoms should seek gall bladder stone treatment as these symptoms point towards serious infection that requires immediate attention.
What is the treatment?
Treatment usually depends on the size and location of the stone. Depending upon the symptoms the course of treatment is decided, which may either include medication or surgery to remove the gallbladder. Gallstones that do not have any symptoms, usually do not require any medical treatment.
If you have constant pain in your abdomen because of stones in your gallbladder you should contact a doctor without delay to reduce the risk of future complications. Dr. Amit Agarwal is the gallstone specialist and can suggest you the best gall bladder stone treatment in delhi.